AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a while back that the slow rewind on my Bravo diesn't seem to work. Has anyone else noticed this or had this problem?

Also has someone come up with a way yet for us to get 720 and 1080i on component? (Yeah I know that one is a stretch.) Right now I am with out a DVI compatable device and was watching my LT150 and was just thining about how sweet it looks with 720 P fed to it. Still trying to decide between FP and one the new RP tvs.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Darian,

There's a certain keystoke sequence you have to use to active the upscaled output over component. But, it's actually worse than most plain 'ol 480p players.

If you search out the Bravo D1 for $200 thread in the $5000+ forum, there's some posts on the keystoke seq.

And as Vinc follows these threads daily, they are aware of the RW button issue. Hopefully they will fix that in the next firmware update!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I spoke with tech support today about the slow rewind. It has not been implemented, and probably won't be implemented until the next version of the D-1. I asked if it was likely to be "activated" by a firmware update; he said, "no".

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
"...won't be implemented until the next version..." An obvious follow-up question would be "When is that going to happen? Weeks, months, a year? Would "the next version of the D1" be called D2?

Slow rewind would be a very nice feature to have. Who else has it?

On another issue, I emailed Laynie Allen at Vinc, "I read the review of the Bravo D1 DVD-Video Player in Widescreen Review (issue 76, Sep 2003). I'm trying to contain my enthusiasm... On page 58 (the third page of the review), under the heading "Remote Control," Greg Rogers says "... each time a disc navigation key is pressed ... the Zoom mode is canceled. I doubt this was intended..." Has this misbehavior been changed yet?"

And she answered, "No. It will likely remain as is."

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I posted about the rewind a month or so back and noone said a thing. Good to know its not me going nuts.

I will look into the sequence thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.