AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I just got my Samsung PN50B550. So ive watched a few movies. All good no ir or if thier was any 10seconds of scrolling would fix that asap.

So i downloading Break in CD for usb. the 1 with 120pictures in it.

So i put it on loop for a few hrs. I come back and around the top edge / left hand edge / right hand edge . Thier is clear IR . Its up to 8 lines deep.

I dont quite understand what the hell is going on. I thought it was suppose to help stop ir but its given me really bad IR and scrolling screen has been going for a while now and its not getting rid of it.

Help ?

-- btw yes when it was scrolling thru the colors they filled the whole screen.

Screen settings have my tv in movie mode / contrast 57 / brightness 54

## Maybe my tv is defective becasue i can see the IR ( its a darker black ) around the edges when the tv is off....

·
Registered
544 Posts
When you turn your Plasma OFF, there can be a after image left on the screen that's NOT IR or Burn-In and disappears as soon as you turn the display on. This is normal on a plasma.

Samsungs on the other hand do seem to get IR easier then Panasonic and Pioneer. I haven't been hearing a lot of complaints about it lately though. I would forget about the whole Break-In thing. Just watch whatever you want that fills the whole screen without a Static Image for long periods of time. Like no CNN with the ticker going on the bottom of the screen, or Games with Static HUD's for long periods of time. Mix things up a little bit for the first 100 hours or so. Thats all I've done on my Pasasonic and I've had ZERO IR issues in the year of owning my Plasma and I do game on it!!!

Personally if I was looking for a LCD display, I'd more then likely get a Samsung, but when it comes to Plasma, It's Panasonic for me or Pioneer if you can afford it, and for as long as you can still find them. Unless you really have to have that Touch of Color!!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
that doesnt make any sense.

If it fills the screen there is no reason why it would leave any un-even IR around the edges and movies would not.

If the edges of the screen are darker when it is turned off its probably because the images did not fill the screen.

EDIT:

Maybe something to do with pixel orbiter not being disabled on PC input........... it is automatically disabled on slideshow most of the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.