Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

just upgraded from the 805s/HTM2 to the 804s/HTM1 for the front.

Could anybody please give me a rough idea of the break-in period for these? I'm running them continuously with different types of music.

TIA,

SP

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
I have 4 804's on order and already have my HTM1. When I first hooked up my HTM1 the midrange was very raspy and hard edged to the point I almost called my dealer. After about 15 to 20 hours it started smoothing out. I hooked to the left channel, also played in 5 channel stereo, and used DVD-A and SACD's. Now (maybe about 100 or more hours) it sounds fantastic. I have never noticed a speaker that needed breaking in the way the HTM1 did. I sure that the 804's will be about the same.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks William. I too noticed the raspiness in the 804 and the HTM1. I also noticed that my volume control is now a little higher to get the same level of sound as the 805s - far as I can remember their sound.

So I should hopefully notice a smoothening out after about 20 hrs. Enjoy the 804s when you get them.

Thanks,

SP

·
Registered
67 Posts
i own the n804's. with regular use, mine took about 4 months to break in. i was almost ready to sell them because of the harshness in the high end and total lack of bass. i'm glad i didn't ditch the speakers. be patient, you won't be disappointed. even with break in though i still need a subwoofer for home theater.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.