AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently found this site, and after reading a number of posts, learned that most people believe in a break-in period for plasma TVs, which I had never heard of before. I've learned that the majority of people, even if they don't think a break-in is neccesary, still reccomend it, "just in case", so my question is, what is the general consensus as to how it's done? I downloaded the break-in dvd listed on this site, but was wondering, should I just let the TV go 24 hours a day to expedite the break-in? My brother-in-law bought a 50 inch Pioneer Elite last year, and to my knowledge he did no break-in on it (even if he knew about it, he's not the kind of person patient enough to do it, lol...) and I have noticed no issues with his TV.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just make sure the DVD you burned doesn't have any errors and monitor the process. I've had it hang a few times, stop twice and one power outage, all on the first day.

Definitely YMMV. In my case, it might just be the DVD player I'm using.

But you may want to keep an eye on it.

...karl

·
Registered
284 Posts
I believe the break in has become a thing of the past from a necessity standpoint.

My plasma was recently "broke in" by the winter olympics at standard def, with the ever present channel logos. I bought the set the weekend the olympics started. It is now a few weeks old and works great. I believe the break in thing is a waste of time and money but if in doubt, check with the manufacturer of your tv.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have this same question too. I just got a new plasma, and need to do the break in. What is the link to download the break in DVD?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts