AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished setting up my speakers energy take classic 5.1 with onkyo tx-sr607. I am about to start breaking them in but no sound was coming out so i went to speaker setup and in "level calibration" made all the speakers and sub 1.0 db. Is this okay? Also by accident I started to play the auto calibration for about 15 seconds is that okay? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I'm not sure what you are asking exactly. Are you asking if it's ok to manually set each channel to 1.0 dB or that you did something wrong by starting the auto calibration?

The answer to both of those questions is NO. First, you should NOT set each channel to the same setting unless some how you have the perfect room. Second, your receiver probably has an auto calibration set up where by you attach an included set up mic and run the auto calibration sequence. The receiver then runs through pink noise sent to each channel and measures the response where the mic is placed. It then adjusts each output to level out the sound at the listening position.

If your receiver doesn't have auto calibration, then buy an SPL meter from Radio Shack and do a manual calibration using the receivers pink noise test tones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.