AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been so many shocking events happening this morning regarding the Panamorph, for those of you addicted to the drama, I wanted to give a summary:
  • A new source has posted contact info for the 3 principals of the Panamorph project here .
  • AVS has apparently decided *not* to remove that contact info.
  • Jeff Lemke had lunch with Shawn yesterday. "Lots to say" soon! See here .
  • tkply, who posted and PM'd belittling comments, is supposedly Tim Knittel of Cygnus/ViSR/Panamorph Inc/who know what else.

Wow, it's just starting to get interesting!!!! :)

Mike

·
Registered
505 Posts
Maybe we should start a new soap opera "As the color wheel turns"

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I'm instituting a charge back action. Does anyone have a copy of that Cygnus delivery schedule page before they pulled it?

Thanks!

Dan Houck

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary P. Gibbs
Maybe we should start a new soap opera "As the color wheel turns"
Nah, nobody could write drama this good!!! If only the shows on TV were this interesting!

Mike

·
Registered
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DanHouck
I'm instituting a charge back action. Does anyone have a copy of that Cygnus delivery schedule page before they pulled it?

Thanks!

Dan Houck
Dan you wont consider waiting at least utill Jeff get back to us with info on his meeting with Shaun?

Here is the URl you asked for (delivery schedule at bottom).
http://www.cgns.com/DevProgram.htm

Regards

John Peterson

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Thanks, John, that's not it. That's the one ViSR posted that has no delivery schedule. The Cygnus version, since deleted, showed that December 2000 prebuys were supposed to get their lenses by November 1.

No reason to wait. Just read all the recent posts about what the players in this little drama are up to. I have it from a very good source that our friend Kelly was salivating a few days ago about the idea of getting us to pony up even more money to get that which we already paid for. I'm not interested in doing that, particularly when they already delivered a bunch of lenses to people for only $600, or $250 LESS than I paid.

Dan

·
Registered
574 Posts
Dan,

I think I would have to agree. A penny more into this venture is a penny lost. I personally wouldn't pay any more, especially given that the first batch has shipped at a lower price. We paid for a product at a specific price, we hopefully will receive it, period.

Brian

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Dan, I have a copy, but it is printed out. If you can email me your fax number, I'll fax it to you. Or let me know if there is some other way I could get it to you.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Smitty:

Thanks, I don't have a dedicated fax line. But I do have email, if you could give me a note at [email protected] I can send you my phone/fax number and then hit the button as it comes in.

Thanks a million--this is the only missing link. They say that if I have a promised delivery date prior to this change, I am entitled to a refund. Like a trusting dummy I didn't print that page out when they posted it.

Dan

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Personally, I'm going to wait before doing the chargeback. I want to hear what Jeff has to say.

I mean of course besides his big news, which is that his wife is pregnant! It's kindof nice to put everything in perspective, at least...

Mike

·
Registered
388 Posts
Smitty -- I would really like a copy of that schedule, too. Would you be able to fax it to me at: 781-394-8292? That would be a great help. Thanks if you are able to do it.

I might finally join Dan H. and the others. This recent event with the tkply posting stuff is rather upsetting. I will wait a bit more, but I want to have the documentation ready if I am (as I suspect I will be) forced to seek a chargeback. -- Herb Sitz

·
Registered
98 Posts
I too need a copy of that fax - so if it's possible to pass it on....

Unfortunately I am in the UK, my fax number is +44 1622 815587.

Hope that one of you can hep!

Thanks

Scott Smart

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
As that is fast becoming a desired item... Perhaps you could scan and post online...

If you dont have a scanner a quick and dirty fix would be to send it to my eFax number (anyone that doesn't have one I recommend j2 and or eFax 110%) and I will post it online... my US based number is +1 530 325 3419 if it helps.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
FYI

rwreid has one that is "only" 0.8 Meg. It has the shipping schedule and disclaimer...

Best Regards,

Doug Tyllick

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Did anyone ever post the above copy of promised shipping dates, If not, I'll try emailing individual forum members.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

·
Registered
574 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.