AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to go with the HD70 (on order) from the benq6100 - the benq used a breakout cable - vga --> component - will this work on the vga out on the hd70? - I'm just trying to save some bucks on cables.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Here is a blurb from the Optoma website:

I/O Connection Ports

- HDMI

- Component Video

- VGA with Component & SCART Compatbility

- Composite Video (RCA)

- S-Video

- RS-232

- Dual IR Receivers

- +12V Trigger Relay

Looks like the answer is yes!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I used mine with the 25' breakout cable from my old LT-150 until my 30' HDMI cable came.

It worked fine. I only bought the HDMI because I needed to go a little longer so I could move the projector back a little.

Steve

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulromi /forum/post/0

I was going to order the hdmi cable from monoprice as my new Toshiba A2 has hdmi out - is there any benfit to the hdmi picture wise?

some say yes some say no...its seems exactly the same to me I use all three...however I have read that the hdmi input on the HD70 is the only input actually limited by the 8 bit color thing (because its digital)...this was never truly confirmed for sure but I did hear it from guitarman. Theoretically though digital is better than analog...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.