AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In planning my 12'(wide)x22'(long)x8'(ceilings) HT/Music Room, the Revel Studios I have recently fallen in love with would only have at most 1.5 feet between each speaker and the side walls (22') to avoid being in front of my 92" screen. In the planned position they would be 9' apart from each other and perhaps 2' from screen wall. They would then fall about 9-10' from primary listening position.

Question: Is this enough space for these speakers to live in and perform well? I do not want to invest this kind of money in these speakers if they are not going to work in my space.

If the Studios won't succeed in this space would the F50 or F35 do better?

I love the Revel sound and plan on using the Voice center with stand, and S30s for rear and side surrounds.

Being a dedicated Music and HT room I plan on doing some acoustical treatments where necessary.

You can view photos of the room here .

Thanks!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Can you get a wider room?

you could always play around with them but 1.5 feet is going to cramp them a little bit. No biggie...just pull them out into the room a little more away from the walls and treat the sidewalls.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Unfortunately I cannot make the room wider. :)

Are you suggesting moving them further away from the front wall? My primary seat will be placed based on the projection screen; somewhere around 10' away from screen. My concern is that if I pull the Studios 4' or so away from front wall then I will be seated only 6' away from them, I was visualizing the Voice and the Studios being about 2' from front wall max...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.