AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NFL Replay in HD is showing the 4 Divisional Playoff games from last season....will this not be Favres last win, but really just his last win as a Packer ?....stay tuned:

1:00pm - Jacksonville Jaguars vs. New England Patriots
- Tom Brady completes a record 26 of 28 passes with three touchdowns, leading the undefeated Patriots (17-0) to the AFC Championship game for the second straight year.

2:30pm - Seattle Seahawks vs. Green Bay Packers - Brett Favre throws three touchdown passes and Ryan Grant rushes for 201 yards and three scores, leading the Packers to victory over the Seahawks at snowy Lambeau field.

5:30pm - New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys - Giants defense leads the way as New York defeats Dallas in Texas Stadium to advance to the NFC Championship game.

7:00pm - San Diego Chargers vs. Indianapolis Colts - Phillip Rivers throws three touchdown passes as San Diego defeats Indianapolis, advancing to the AFC Championship game for the first time since 1995.

·
Registered
183 Posts
attention whore is more like it. I hope the Pack doesnt release him and let him sit the bench for the remainder of his contract. Screw him. Its been going on for almost 4 years...decide on what you want to do...

·
Registered
493 Posts
And from the left-wing: I like him, always have, and hope he can work something out with the Pack. If he cannot, I will still like him, and follow his endeavors wherever, and continue to watch the Pack each week. I prefer he stay in Green Bay, but this isn't Hollywood is it? GB has to want him back, and he has to want to play in GB, right?

Overrated? Nah. Tough? Undeniably. Fickle? Probably. Enjoyable to watch winning or losing? Definitely. NFL 2008-09 just got better.

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he should go to the vikings....no cold weather, adrian peterson, a great defense + the opening mnf is vikings @ packers....that would be soooo cool !

·
Registered
493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerx /forum/post/14273785

I agree he should go to the vikings for a few seasons.

Just as long as its not the Bears!

Or, how about Miami! I would spring for season tix down here - they're cheap!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I prefer to watch St. Brett's last pass as a Packer instead. Right into the waiting arms of Corey Webster. GEEEE MENNNN!

If Favre does come back, John Madden will petition the league to re-schedule the Sunday Night games so he can get his man-crush on again.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
And before all those Vikings fans go crazy at the prospect of getting his Favreness, let's remember that turf and domes have been his kryptonite for years.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The Bears are in a position where an old veteran on his last leg can really help, especially in a city that hasn't had good QB's. With Farvocity in Chi-town, Orton could get some great mentoring and it would be a good, consistent environment at QB. I'd love to see him in Chicago!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 /forum/post/14274155

he won his super bowl in a dome....he even broke the td record last year in a dome.

Not really sure what the TD record has to do with his success - or lack thereof - in domes. If he had scored his best Vicodin in domes during his addict days would that mean he had been successful inside too?

He's 13-27-1 in domes. And if I recall correctly, a special teams player won the MVP in St. Brett's only Super Bowl win and the defense destroyed weak-willed Drew Bledsoe. He threw for a couple TDs though I think.

And if you're a Cowboys fan, you should know full well how terribly he has played throughout his career on the turf in Dallas.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangs /forum/post/14274116

I prefer to watch St. Brett's last pass as a Packer instead. Right into the waiting arms of Corey Webster. GEEEE MENNNN!

If Favre does come back, John Madden will petition the league to re-schedule the Sunday Night games so he can get his man-crush on again.

Fitting that his last pass may be an interception considering that he holds the record for most thrown all time.

·
Registered
115 Posts

Quote:
Fitting that his last pass may be an interception considering that he holds the record for most thrown all time.

I think he is also second with most passes thrown (6000 or something like that) so some of those are bound to get picked.

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
Washington has been mentioned several times on ESPN due to their new new Coach and the west coast system that Campbell hasnt mastered yet. Throw in Dan Snyder and he could land there.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts