AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I updated the firmware of my tv with the wrong model firmware, now the tv led blinks green and red and dont turn on.

I read on the internet with the service firmware of my tv i can fix it, in toshiba website they dont even have the normal firmware of my model 48L1453DN, can you guys help me?

Any other solution?
I cant post my email, if someone have the files can you upload it please?

If someone can send me the files and the instruction to unbrick i would be very gratefull :D

Thx

·
Registered
17,303 Posts
Service firmware? Sounds like the original, factory installed firmware for your specific model, board versions, etc. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Service firmware? Sounds like the original, factory installed firmware for your specific model, board versions, etc. Good luck.
Looks like Its just a .bin so no problems with revisions etc.. Just need the file.. just tecnitians can download it from toshiba website

·
Registered
17,303 Posts
Then it sounds like you're going to have to find a friendly technician that is willing to send it to you (keeping in mind that he has no way of knowing what board(s) version/builds you have), get it repaired by a certified technician, or start looking around for a new tv.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
If your handy with a screw driver..... Just take off the back of the TV (unplug it first) and swap out the main mother board with a used one and your done.... Main boards can be found floating around eBay, Amazon, and Shop Jimmy.

·
Registered
17,303 Posts
Is it brand new? Then just call service, bite the bullet, and have it repaired properly.

·
Registered
17,303 Posts
Firmware updates are not only model specific they are region specific as well. Not all regions have the same options. It appears that your model is not for the North American market so you will be hard-pressed to find what you need here. Not impossible, but unlikely. You may just have to replace the main board and hope that takes care of the problem. Re-flashing may not be an option anymore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts