AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92" Firehawk G1 I'm looking to light up like a plasma in a lit room. Any recommendations? Emphasis on 3D & gaming. TIA!

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
You won't likely find better than the w1070 for a mix of bright, fast (motion and lag), and clean 3D. For about $1200 more you could grab a Sony hw40es, but it's main advantage (darker blacks) will mean nothing in a lit room. The other DLPs lack the full color-brightness of the w1070 while the more expensive tend to suffer higher input-lag.

Depending on your room, the Sony hw40 WILL allow a longer throw which makes high gain screens look better, but you'll lose brightness for it. What's the gain on the g1?

There are a few LCD that are even brighter than the w1070, but they'll lack the gaming performance and clarity on 3D.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Does DLP Link hold the w1070 back at all vs. RF?

EDIT: Gain on the Firehawk G1 is 1.3 (advertised...not sure real world).

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Does DLP Link hold the w1070 back at all vs. RF?
With good glasses, you shouldn't have any issues. The EStar glasses ($40 a pair on Amazon) have no crosstalk that I could see and no red-flash bleed through.

You obviously aren't going to get the look of a plasma in a lit room with a non-light rejecting screen, but the W1070 certainly delivers a very good image for the money, and the 92" diagonal will allow for a lot of on-screen brightness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts