1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
no

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
3 to 5K street price maybe, but bright is in the eye of the beholder or better yet the size of the screen. there are PJs that can do 80"+ 3D at good light levels but nothing that can do 100+ at a decent level, and probably not for a while.

The Runco D-73D with the Stewart 5D screen is amazing, but at a 60K price tag is a little out of reach for most. I have seen it and the picture is stellar, but very expensive.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Yes, it is too bad. We have had excellent price performance in 2D for some time now, with most of us very content with what we can buy for under $1500. To get that same performance & convenience for 3D we would have to spend... well we can't get that in 3D.

·
Banned
960 Posts
as others have mentioned, it seems like we are still about a year away from getting what you are asking for.

The HW30 from sony might be the closest thing at the moment. As Zombie mentioned, definitely best bang for buck!

Benito

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not sure on the lens shift issue, but a new thread on the Optoma HD33 has some interesting information on this new projector. Might be something to consider. Other than the thread and the Optoma website I know nothing more on this projector personally.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess DLP with lens shift must be expensive technology, since very few have it (except Benq W6000) under $3k. I still wonder why more don't offer it at a reasonable price increase.

·
Registered
539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespurgeon /forum/post/20821609

For example, it sounds like horizontal lens shift on the new Panasonic only works in 2 D mode.

I think this is moot. By the time you're ready to watch your movie in 3D, you would have already adjusted the image/picture to your screen while in 2D (besides the fact that most people that watch 3D will only be using 3D a very small percentage of the time - the rest of the time would be 2D viewing). Very rarely would you need to make horizontal (or vertical) adjustments once you have your image/picture "set".

I can hardly wait to get the Panny. I feel that it would suit my needs better than the Sony. My current Epson has horizontal and vertical adjustments and if it wasn't for the fact that it's a manual adjustment, I wouldn't need to continually adjust the horizontal & vertical. With the manual adjustment wheels, over time they tend to lose their position and the image starts to slip. Thankfully the adjustments on the Panny will be digitally controlled.

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopLord /forum/post/20851682

I think this is moot. By the time you're ready to watch your movie in 3D, you would have already adjusted the image/picture to your screen while in 2D (besides the fact that most people that watch 3D will only be using 3D a very small percentage of the time - the rest of the time would be 2D viewing). Very rarely would you need to make horizontal (or vertical) adjustments once you have your image/picture "set".

I can hardly wait to get the Panny. I feel that it would suit my needs better than the Sony. My current Epson has horizontal and vertical adjustments and if it wasn't for the fact that it's a manual adjustment, I wouldn't need to continually adjust the horizontal & vertical. With the manual adjustment wheels, over time they tend to lose their position and the image starts to slip. Thankfully the adjustments on the Panny will be digitally controlled.

I looked at your pics. Nice sized room for HT. Are you thinking about going to a 2.35 screen or do you raise your exiting screen and shift the image? Give us a call when you are ready.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.