AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking to purchase a new TV. The current LG LCD is like a mirror and I will return it.

Here are my requirements:
75 inch
HDMI 2.1 for PS5
Anti-glare / anti-reflection
Wide viewing angle because of the sectional sofa placement
Bright, we don't like watching tv in dark

Your suggestion is highly appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You'll likely run into the same issue with other TVs available today. They're essentially black mirrors, especially OLEDs. My living room is similar to yours and I have not been able to find a suitable TV for it (I've tried various Sony LCD TVs). The reflections really ruin most content on the TV during daytime watching. Some folks will probably suggest Samsung QLEDs but they also have this annoying rainbow effect on the screen that's apparent in a really bright room.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You'll likely run into the same issue with other TVs available today. They're essentially black mirrors, especially OLEDs. My living room is similar to yours and I have not been able to find a suitable TV for it (I've tried various Sony LCD TVs). The reflections really ruin most content on the TV during daytime watching. Some folks will probably suggest Samsung QLEDs but they also have this annoying rainbow effect on the screen that's apparent in a really bright room.
The higher end Samsung's have best in class reflection handling. Your post seems to suggest that the rainbow effect is somehow a comparable problem to the glare that the reflection handling is reducing. They are not even remotely comparable. Having my Q90T TV on the wall almost has it a feeling of being a black hole. It sinks light remarkably well and, importantly, during viewing of actual content.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The higher end Samsung's have best in class reflection handling. Your post seems to suggest that the rainbow effect is somehow a comparable problem to the glare that the reflection handling is reducing. They are not even remotely comparable. Having my Q90T TV on the wall almost has it a feeling of being a black hole. It sinks light remarkably well and, importantly, during viewing of actual content.
Q90T? A friend has it and although his room isn't as bright as mine, the glare gets stretched across the screen on that TV if you have light sources like windows directly opposite or to the side. I find that distracting and it's kind of hard not to notice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a Samsung Q90R 65 inch in a bright room. It has really good reflection handling and is very bright. I would have thought that the Q90T would have similar performance. Now my previous TV was a Panasonic plasma, so my satisfaction may really be due to how bad the plasma handled reflections and window lighting.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Q90T? A friend has it and although his room isn't as bright as mine, the glare gets stretched across the screen on that TV if you have light sources like windows directly opposite or to the side. I find that distracting and it's kind of hard not to notice.
You find it distracting when the TV is on or off?

If the light source opposite the TV is so strong that the glare stretches across the screen during normal viewing, I’d love to know what TV you think would handle it better.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The best bright room TV on the market today. In the correct order
1.QN900A
2.QN800A
3.Q900T
4.QN90A
5.Q800T

If price is a Concern (under 2k)
1.TCL 8 series
2.Vizio PQX
3.TCL 6 series
4. HISENSE H9G
5. Vizio P series

These are the best "bright room" tvs in their class in that order.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should I get 2020 q80t or 2021 q80a?

q80t has wide viewing and anti reflection

q80a has wide viewing but website didn't mention about anti reflection. Any one can confirm this?

Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Should I get 2020 q80t or 2021 q80a?

q80t has wide viewing and anti reflection

q80a has wide viewing but website didn't mention about anti reflection. Any one can confirm this?

Thanks
Neither the Q80 is not better than the TCL 6 series and definitely not better than the 8 series but if your a Samsung loyalist get an old Q90r it's the same price as both the Q80s of 2020 and 2021 but a better product if you can fine one. Or make the jump to the QN85A.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I need hdmi 2.1 so 2020 models (q80t or q90t) are minimum and many youtuber said NeoQLED (qn85/90a) is not as bright due to local dimming control and blooming when viewing from the side.

I leave my TV on when going outside for security reasons so OLED is not preferred and new OLED still have bad reflection (A90J and G1)...

·
Registered
10 Posts
How about reflection in dark scenes?
I have similar problem with reflections and I want TV that can handle dark scenes without seeing my face in tv.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts