Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm trying to find a scene with very saturated colors in an attempt to strain my XGA DLP projector. I want to see how washed out the colors are, given that I have a clear section in my color wheel. Unfortunately, I have neither Fifth Element or either Toy Story, and I'm under a bit of a time constraint. Here are the DVD's I own:

Fish Called Wanda, A 14

Chicken Run: Special Edition 13

Matrix, The 12

Men in Black: Collector's Series 11

Iron Giant, The 10

Apollo 13: DTS 9

Jerry Maguire 8

Liar Liar: Collector's Edition 7

Gladiator: Signature Selection 6

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home 5

AVIA Guide to Home Theater 4

Independence Day: Five Star Collection 3

Cliffhanger: Collector's Edition 2

Jurassic Park: Collector's Edition 1

Some of these I've never seen, and almost all of them I haven't seen on my projector.

Any suggestions for where to look? You know, something with neon colors.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Not to throw a kink in your plan, Mike, but your best bet is a PLUGE color bar pattern to test the projector.

You've seen them on late-night TV. They are the vertical bars that are used to set the colors of a display device correctly.

Avia and Video Essentials have these test patterns, and I *highly* recommend using it to test a DLP projector (especially), as I have never seen a single-chip DLP that could produce a non-green yellow yet.

I suppose that a color wheel has a hard time making a real Yellow from the Red and Green portions of the color wheel, and they always end up with too much green.

This is something that you would probably only see with the test pattern. Do you have Avia or Video Essentials?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, AVIA is on my list, it's an excellent suggestion. Would you happen to know where this is located? I would imagine you probably have most of the Avia chapters memorized... http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

So I take it this is meant to show bad color reproduction? What about unsaturated/washed out colors? I'm particularly interested in something that would show the difference between a DLP with a clear section of the color wheel, and a DLP *without* a clear section.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.