Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Panasonic PWD5UY, S-Video in.

Component in from DVD is perfect, but S-Video in is slightly brighter at the top of the screen than the bottom for all media (VCR, ReplayTV). Not a biggie but noticable nonetheless.

Just me?

Normal?

Fault?

Adjustable?

Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Mandingo,

You know, I think I've noticed something similar..but only on completely black screens (no video data)...I see a slight banding at the top that is brighter...don't see it any other time (ie dark, but not completely black scenes).

I'm also having a problem with my 480i input (other thread) via component, so maybe I got a bad input card on mine...we'll see

Rich

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Mandigo, is this directly half of the screen, (as if exactly half of the pixels are brighter) or more generally the top is brighter?

I have a similar problem where my display has a vertical bar that is brighter than the rest of the screen. It is about 1" wide and just to the right of the center of the screen. It can only been seen under the right circumstances... There must be background movement, and it must be a fairly bright scene. Unfortunately viewing a hockey game makes ideal conditions to see it, and then it becomes very annoying. I have a guy coming on dec 27 to check it out.

Also interesting that the bar can be seen when the unit is OFF. It seems to me that maybe the anit-glare coating was applied non-uniformly. Maybe it was stretched a little thinner in that area...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a horizontal band along the top 1/6th of the screen that is *marginally* brighter than the rest of the display.

Sounds similar to Boykster's problem, but different from Felgar's.

Maybe if you all go right now and look at your Panny on S-Video we'll discover everyone has it :eek:

I haven't check composite - I'll do that shortly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.