AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are following 3 new post-processing features on ATI 5xxx series cards compared with 4xxx series:

Brighter whites processing (Blue Stretch)

Independent video gamma control

Dynamic video range control

Does anyone really noticed the differences when enabling above?

1. What's principle of the "blue stretch" function?

2. How does "dynamic video range" interact with HDMI pixel formats?

3. Does the "video gamma control" have equivalent effect when I change Contrast and Brightness?

Also, can we actually realize above 3 features on 4xxx series especially on 4850 cards through some tricks like using DXVAChecker?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I installed Cat 10.2 on my 4850 card, and tweaked in DXVA Checker to have "Brighter Whites" and "Dynamic Range" appear in the CCC.

The "Dynamic Range" works fine for MPEG2 HD content. No use for SD.

The "Brighter Whites", I didn't see any difference between enabled and disabled.

I don't know if above 2 behave the same in 5000 series cards?

I can't make "Video Gamma" appear in the CCC through DXVA Checker - I believe the blank area is for "Video Gamma" - anyone successfully make this option available for 4000 series cards?

·
Registered
129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ter9999 /forum/post/18144639

There are following 3 new post-processing features on ATI 5xxx series cards compared with 4xxx series:

Brighter whites processing (Blue Stretch)

Independent video gamma control

Dynamic video range control

Does anyone really noticed the differences when enabling above?

1. What's principle of the "blue stretch" function?

2. How does "dynamic video range" interact with HDMI pixel formats?

3. Does the "video gamma control" have equivalent effect when I change Contrast and Brightness?

Good questions. Can anybody answer them, please?

·
Registered
129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner888 /forum/post/18203180

Greetings ter9999.

Posted some test results for 4550/4670 here:

A beginners' guide to Pixel Format/Dynamic Range setting for 4550/4670

Once again, many thanks for the tweaks.

Ok, but if you don't tweak anything, the HD4xxx doesn't have Dynamic Range control in CCC. So in this case, which is the Dynamic Range setting used? I think it's Limited, isn't it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi - I've followed the guide here and now have the extra settings in CCC.....but I have lost "Vector Adaptive". I now only have Bob and weave.

Can someone please tell me what settings in DXVA Checker would turn this back on please?

Help!!!!

btw - i use a 4550

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.