AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Hitachi 51swx20b. When watching scenes were there is light in the scene the picture looks great. When its a dark scene it a whole different story. The picture looks extremely dark and its hard to make out faces sometimes it seems to have a blue tint to it. The brightness level is set at 60%. Is there any one out there who knows what the problem is and maybe how to fix it?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Sounds like basic set up issues and grayscale problems.

Use a test disc like AVIA or VE or S/V to set up the user controls correctly.

Blue blacks is an indication of improper grayscale ...

REgards

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

You need a colour analyzer to properly do grayscale ...

AVIA gives you the patterns needed by the equipment ... not the equipment.

You can eyeball grayscale if you are up to the challenge ... or you pay a professional to come and do it for you.

Regards

·
Registered
7,397 Posts
tlou,

Pay someone to calibrate grayscale. It is well worth the money. Go to the ISF website and find someone local to do it or maybe there are people online here who have used someone in the boston area and can refer you to them. I had it done on my 57SWX20B and the TV is close to perfect now. People who had seen the TV before calibration compared to after have asked if I had bought ANOTHER TV. It made a very big difference.

Dave

·
Registered
853 Posts
Jim Doolittle is in the Boston area, and frequent forum contributor David Abrams is in the area often assisting Jim at the lab. Check the ISF website or virtually any enthusiast magazine, both are listed in the ISF ad. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.