AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fans!

I have an Optoma EP1691 projector that I would like to use with broadcast TV. I know I can use one of those TV tuners with composite connectors to receive OTA reception on the projector, but I am looking for something that will receive 1080i signals as all antenna's do and has an HDMI output.

Kworld produces one but it is not yet available. Maybe Kworld is crap, I don't know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arxaw /forum/post/17065392

I have a kworld HD set top box. PQ is good for HD sources, not very good at all for SD sources.

The tuner is excellent - very good at picking up weak signals.

The major drawback of the KWorld is no Dolby Digital output; it's L/R analog audio only.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What model Kworld tuner do you use? Also - Ken do you have any experience with Kworld tuners because that is the direction I have been thinking about taking.

I'm not concerned about dolby output, just stereo output.

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
I have a Kworld SA290 .

I use this box for occasional TV viewing on a CRT computer monitor, and I have no idea how good the PQ would be on a projection system. I think the standard def PQ would be unacceptable. One strong point is the OTA tuner; it's probably the best one I've ever used for weak signals.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooty809 /forum/post/17105329

Has anyone tried the Centronics 502? The specs look pretty good. Long line of people waiting for it....

See the topic for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.