AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While installing my new Toshiba 32" LCD TV on the wall in the bathroom, I managed to snap off the cable coax input. Apparently it is too new to get a replacement part. However, the TV has HDMI and RCA inputs as well. Is there some way to go straight from the cable output (male end) to an RCA or HDMI input to plug in the TV? It is hanging on the wall so no room for a VCR or other device. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Quote:
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
Get it repaired and be more careful with it? I really doubt the cable connector is so new and special that it can't be replaced.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Like I've said before...check with a local high school or tech school electronics class. They might be willing to open it up and re-solder the connector inside the tuner (little metal box, pretty common component), in exchange for some "show-and-tell" time.

·
Registered
23,238 Posts
If the set is "new", you may be able to exchange it or perhaps repaired under warranty.

It doesn't hurt to try/ask.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I have found lately that companies like Toshiba typically don't supply tuners as a replacement part. The only "part" available is the entire board. Sometimes that size set is an "exchange" model and no parts officially exist at all.

Additionally, the flat mounted tuners are extremely difficult to remove from the circuit board to access the back of the tuner's internal circuit board to properly resolder the connector.

Also realize the the set will eventually have to have a cable box connected to it, (assuming that you are on "Cable TV" and not just referring to an antenna coax as a "cable" output.) which would allow for the use of the set's other inputs instead of the tuner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.