AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've just finished building a new htpc. I'm at the point to where I am trying to get it to play a dvd that has been ripped to its harddrive. I've got an eva 7600gt on a gigabyte motherboard with an e6600 and 2 gigs of ram, windows xp sp2. I have installed nvidia's purevideo decoder and zoomplayer. I have zoomplayer configured to used purevideo and vmr9. Sometimes, I can get zoomplayer to start to play the movie. The purevideo icon shows up in the tray and I open it to make sure it's set to vmr9, hardware acceleration. Zoomplayer, however, doesn't play any video. Most times, it will lock the system up before the video starts. At first, I tried uninstalling purevideo and the video card's drivers, then re-installing them. At one point, the video did work, playing nicely. After I shut the computer down for the night and started it in the morning, I had the same problem with the computer crashing on video. I have sinced tried with powerdvd and it's codecs. No luck. I have tried media player classic to no avail. I've tried zoomplayer with cyberlink's codecs and with dscaler, too. I can't get this things to play mpeg2 video! Please help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.