AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot get my UP-1100 to sync to any signal via the RGB input – needless to say I am just a little concerned right now.

I have used the signal from DVD player with a breakout cable, DTC-100, and laptop at various refresh rates. All I get displayed is a complete mess of rolling lines – at least some of the information is getting there, I can see colors from the desktop and sort of see the menu from the DTC. The s-video input still works, for what that is worth.

Everything was working fine until I re-routed cables this morning. As I was trying to get everything nice and even against the wall, I ended up pulling on the cable bundle enough to pull the ceiling mount slightly out of alignment. I think that the RGB connector took most of the force - there was a noticeable amount of tension on the cable. I am really hoping that I just unplugged the cable internally – maybe this will be something sort of simple to fix. I really feel like a total bonehead right now. Any comments on the connector theory? Is that at all likely or does this sound like something is really broken?

So I have a couple of questions on what I should do next –

a)Send it to PLUS for a checkout. I bought the unit used, so no warranty. Has anyone send a projector to them for repair? Anyone have a good contact at PLUS?

b)Open up the top and take a look to see if it is something obvious. Anyone out there who has knowledge of UP-1100 internals have any comments/suggestions? Is the RGB connector accessible?

c)Does anyone know of a third party (or repair service) that I should contact? (Thumper – are you out there??)

I guess that’s about it. I need to get back to banging my head against the wall. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

-Jeff

·
Registered
375 Posts
Jeff,

Just a couple of quick things to check out. Make sure the VGA input is set to RGB verses YPrPb in the image menu. Also do a complete reset from the settings menu. This will put the unit into the "auto" mode which you will problably want to take out of later.

Double check all your cable/connectors by using a known good cable assembly and check the PJ against a good monitor.

Finally,

The VGA HD15 connector is soldered directly to the main I/O PC board (double sided). If all else fails this piece may be damaged. You really don't want to know how much it is to replace with a new board assembly from Plus. However, some used replacement parts may be available from certain sources...

Thump

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whooooo!c>!!s>

Thumper,

I really don’t know if it was the complete reset or if your projector magic has the ability to alter time and space, but it WORKS!!!

I really can’t believe that it was so simple. I powered up the proj. and waited for 3 agonizing seconds until the reset activated. Turned on the DTC and wow, a very perfect picture on my screen. No more rolling mess!!!

Thanks a lot! After stressing almost all day yesterday, I think that this is going to end up being a decent weekend after all. Thanks again.

Regards,

-Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.