AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago, my Showstopper gave me the dreaded "Please Wait a few Moments" screen that lasted forever. After reading messages posted on this forum, I decided to replace the hard drive with a known good one (since my unit was out of warranty) hoping that it would make everything better.

So, I borrowed a drive from a friend who had already upgraded his and plugged it into my unit. Success! It worked... for about a day. Then the dreaded Please Wait screen came back. Doh!

Then I got my old original drive and ran diagnostics on it all night on my PC -- no physical problems found. So I did a low-level format on it and hacked a new image on it (downloaded from the net). First try, it didn't work. The 2nd time, it worked great! ...for just 2 days :confused:

Now, I can't get it to come up at all. I even tried changing out the IDE cable with one I had sitting around incase the cable was the problem. I'm open to suggestions for getting this thing going again. Watching shows in real-time is getting really frustrating.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Doesn't sound good. You've done all the right things already.

Keep trying to get it to boot by unplugging and plugging it back in. If/when it does bootup disable disk spindown in the claw portal. Maybe that will keep it running.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My guess would be heat related failure. I had a problem with my Apex DVD when it was sitting in the sun, but only in the summer. Try putting it in a cooler location.

Could also be something weird like the power supply starting to go. You may want to check the voltage levels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.