AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a 19" Sharp LC-19SB27UT and overall I've very pleased with it except towards the bottom of the screen, there is a bright blue stuck pixel. Unless the screen is black, it's not too noticeable but is annoying knowing it's there. Are there any good methods on fixing stuck pixels? I heard tapping it can help but I'm worried that may do more damage than good.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I would take back to store for refund. But since most stores have a stupid policy of having "5" or more pixels wrong, don't tell them it has a stuck pixel. Just tell them you are not satisifed with the TV and want to exchange it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathon /forum/post/18281293

I would take back to store for refund. But since most stores have a stupid policy of having "5" or more pixels wrong, don't tell them it has a stuck pixel. Just tell them you are not satisifed with the TV and want to exchange it.

I would but my sister ordered if online and it will cost about $20 to ship it back. I did however try the tapping method and I found that if I tap around the stuck pixel (not directly on it) it will flicker and even become unstuck but it will only stay unstuck for about 3 seconds. I may be wrong but the fact that I can at least get it unstuck if only for a few secs leads me to belive there's a simple solution. Anyone have any sugestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts