Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hoping to garner some advice. I bought a nice 47" Vizio LED LCD Smart TV four years ago. But the main board died. I paid $50 to get it diagnosed and now was advised I need to pay another $240 to repair it. The "new" main board is actually harvested or refurbished and the warranty a standard 90 days. An expert in the field says it's not worth it. I am inclined to agree but....well what if I get fixed and buy a new TV during the holidays?

So I guess my question is two part: 1) Is it just not at all worth it to repair this TV? 2) Are TV's that much cheaper to buy around Christmas time? If so, it might be worth it, based on the cost savings alone, to buy it later. Plus I could end up with two working TVs....

Thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts

I would get it repaired but not at 290.00 thats a bit pricey. We use a vendor that offers a 6month warranty on boards but I would check to see if the mainboard could be repaired. That would cut the cost over half or order a board yourself and have a techy friend install.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.