AVS Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Sheesh - check out the ratings from last night - maybe sandwiching B99 between two losers wasn't such a brilliant idea after all...

·
Registered
14,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Not a show I rush to watch, but I still get a few chuckles out of it. It's pleasant enough to pass the time and Andre Braugher is as good as always but if it had been cancelled I probably wouldn't miss it.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Good News! Brooklyn Nine-Nine will be on NBC next season. Fox just got Over Mined!
The bad news is NBC is a hugely left leaning network and pushes that into many of their shows and will probably do that to this which aside from a few episodes was largely apolitical and didn't push any obvious agenda. Here's hoping I am wrong and NBC will leave out pushing any agenda and the show will get some new life as this current 5th season has been largely mediocre.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The bad news is NBC is a hugely left leaning network and pushes that into many of their shows and will probably do that to this which aside from a few episodes was largely apolitical and didn't push any obvious agenda. Here's hoping I am wrong and NBC will leave out pushing any agenda and the show will get some new life as this current 5th season has been largely mediocre.

That’s why I dropped Law & Order: SVU and a few episodes of Chicago PD. The political propaganda was too much. On another note I was just starting to watch Brooklyn 99 so now I can continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Its only for 13 episodes but that's better than nothing. A show featuring an openly gay captain and a bisexual Hispanic detective should fit right in on a left leaning network.

·
Registered
15,781 Posts
Brooklyn Nine-Nine to End With Long-Delayed, Shortened Season 8

NBC has announced that Brooklyn Nine-Nine will wrap its run with Season 8, which has been pushed to the 2021-22 TV season...the farewell season will consist of just 10 episodes, which will mark the series’ shortest season to date.

“I’m so thankful to NBC and Universal Television for allowing us to give these characters and our fans the ending they deserve,” said executive producer Dan Goor. “When Mike Schur and I first pitched the pilot episode to Andy [Samberg], he said, ‘I’m in, but I think the only way to tell this story is over exactly 153 episodes,’ which was crazy because that was exactly the number Mike and I had envisioned...

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
“I’m Grateful It Lasted This Long”: ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Stars & Co-Creator React To Final Season Announcement
By Alexandra Del Rosario

NBC announced Thursday that Brooklyn Nine-Nine will end with its upcoming eight season. The Andy Samberg-led police comedy will conclude during the 2021-22 broadcast season, finally shutting the doors at the 99th precinct.

The ongoing coronavirus pandemic caused delays on the production of season eight, which will consist of ten episodes.

As news of the show’s final season came around, Brooklyn Nine-Nine stars and co-creator Dan Goor shared fond memories about their time working on the show, which first aired on Fox back in September 2013. In a statement posted to the official Brooklyn Nine-Nine Twitter account, Goor reminisced on first pitching the show with co-creator Mike Schur and his time on the series.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Very sad it's coming to an end, and it's going to be a LONG wait to get new episodes, but I'm grateful for the hours of pleasure this very funny, witty show has offered down through the years. It has never been given its due.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Brooklyn 99 Is 'Ba-Ba-Ba-Back,' as Production on Season 8 Gets Underway
By Ryan Schwartz

At long last, the NYPD’s finest are back on the beat, as production on the eighth and final season of NBC’s Brooklyn Nine-Nine gets started.

Cameras began rolling on the final 10 episodes Tuesday, which are set to air after a longggg delay, as part of the 2021-22 broadcast-TV season. Melissa Fumero — aka Jake Peralta’s better-half Amy Santiago — was among the first to mark the occasion.

“Ba ba ba back in the Nine Nine!!!” she said enthusiastically. “Yesterday, I was so excited to be back at work, I forgot to take a pic to commemorate the occasion, so here’s a Day 2 pic!”

Fellow costar Stephanie Beatriz snapped a selfie inside Shaw’s Bar, back in Rosa Diaz’s signature leather jacket, while Joe Lo Truglio shared footage of his transformation into Charles Boyle. Joel McKinnon-Miller (aka Scully) also shared a video from the makeup chair, and posed for a masked photo with B99‘s director of photography Rick Page (see below).

http://instagr.am/p/CNYBzathXM0/
NBC announced in February that B99 would wrap its death-defying run with a shortened eighth season. At the time, executive producer Dan Goor released a statement, which read in part: “I’m so thankful to NBC and Universal Television for allowing us to give these characters and our fans the ending they deserve… Ending the show was a difficult decision, but ultimately, we felt it was the best way to honor the characters, the story and our viewers. I know some people will be disappointed it’s ending so soon, but honestly, I’m grateful it lasted this long. Title of my sex tape.”

The Andy Samberg-led sitcom first premiered on Fox in 2013, where it ran for five seasons before it was cancelled in 2018. Within less than 48 hours, NBC swooped in and rescued it. In addition to the COVID of it all, Season 8 was delayed when the first four scripts were scrapped in light of last summer’s nationwide protests against police violence following the horrifying murder of George Floyd. Soon after, Samberg confirmed that B99 was “taking a step back” as the cast, writers and producers contemplated “how you make a comedy show about police right now.”

B99‘s Season 7 finale, which featured the arrival of Jake and Amy’s firstborn Mac, aired April 23 of last year.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts