AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question guys - I saw this title with "Directors Cut" on the cover at my local BestBuy. Anyone know about anything this one? I enjoyed this movie years ago and might well grab it based upon that but if it's got a nice image and/or good features that would seal the deal.

Cary

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I really don't know much about this version either...except it's 96 minutes long.

I have a couple copies of the two disc LE set, and it's got a version of the movie that's 96 minutes long also.

So is this a different version than the LE 2 disc set...I don't know.

My guess is that since you can't get the LE 2 disc set anymore, it's the longer version off that set.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That is exactly it. The "Director's Cut" is the same as what was included in the 2 disc set, right down to the Commentary.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I went ahead and picked it up at $12.99. Can't really beat that price!!

I watched about half of it tonight and noticed a few bits that I didn't remember from the first time I'd seen it and one part where Bruce says something totally different than what I remember.

The image quality varies from "ok" to pretty much VHS-looking. The "ok" parts really aren't too bad though. I definitely notice EE and the colors don't look all that vibrant. Overall it's a bit soft but I expected that and overall I'm happy with it ('cause I still love that movie!).

Cary

·
Registered
39 Posts
{spoiler}

I went ahead and bought the regular version, too, because I love the S-mart ending and the line "Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun", better than the "I ain't so good" line in the Director's Cut.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly! "Good, Bad, I'm the one with the gun" was the line I was missing. After he delivered "I'm not that good" I was a little flabbergasted. I'm not sure that was such a good decision. I also love the S-Mart ending. "Ma'm, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave the store". That's too funny....

Cary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.