Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow.

Anamorphic widescreen. From a high definition master. The best looking music DVD I have ever seen. Check out your system with this disc. Start on Track 13, Disc One.

·
Registered
27,015 Posts
How's the sound?

Seems most soundtracks disappoint.

Jeff

·
Registered
47 Posts
Agreed Wow. I went to 12 shows on this tour and this is pretty close to being there again. I can now forever re-live my youth. Sound is great. If you are a Rock-N-Roll fan and never saw Springsteen you should buy this DVD. I watched it when it was on HBO in HD. It seems just as good of a picture as then. I am sure if I had it side by side I could tell, but it seems close.

Kurt

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree Kurt. I always think it sounds odd to say that a DVD is as good as HDTV, but this one comes close.

Video based HDTV. Are there any other of these animals out there on DVD?

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
When I saw the HBO Special I was disappointed by the lack of crowd noise.

I was at all three shows that were taped, and I can assure you that crowd was plenty loud, particularly when they were singing along. I could almost not hear the crowd at all on the HBO Special.

Does the DVD have a better/proper mix of the crowd in the surrounds??

Thanks!

-- Cain

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Norde
Wow.

Anamorphic widescreen. From a high definition master. The best looking music DVD I have ever seen. Check out your system with this disc. Start on Track 13, Disc One.
Are you sure it is enhanced 1.78? DVD Empire says it is presented in 1.33. Please say it is enhanced. :cool: Has anyone listened and compared the PCM to the 5.1 DD soundtrack?

·
Registered
47 Posts
It was filmed with HD cameras so I assume it is 1.78. I have the box right here and all it says is Digitaly Mastered, 5.1 dolby Digital. AS far as the sound goes, I notice some drop off during certain songs, like Out in the Streets. I remember this happened during the HBO broadcast and I just assumed it was my satelite signal, but I guess in mixing it this happened. The crowd noise is fine to me. It is never as loud as when ou are in the audience, but I am sure Bruce wants you to here the music. Crank it up and enjoy the show. Invite about 30 of your friends that like the Boss for a screening. Put 7:30 on the invitation and start the DVD at about 8:10 to 8:15. Springsteen fans will know what I mean.

Kurt

·
Registered
311 Posts
kurt wrote

"Invite about 30 of your friends that like the Boss for a screening. Put 7:30 on the invitation and start the DVD at about 8:10 to 8:15. Springsteen fans will know what I mean.

:) :)

good one!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
William:

This is most certainly enhanced for widescreen. I leave my 400Q on its anamorphic setting and I did not have to make a change when playing this.

Crowd Noise.

I played with the DSP settings on my Yamaha DSP -A1. You can certainly create a lot of crowd surround on several of the settings. I still prefer the unadulterated version straight from the DVD.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I wish they would make a couple of DVDs of my favorite bands AC-DC "Down at Downington"(Lehigh College Autorium, Bethlehem, PA) or Def Leppards "Pyromania"(June 27,1983) I have the videos of the both bands I heard loud and 'live'!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.