AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm looking for some wall plates that has a brush section but includes RJ45. I'm running 4 cat 5 cables for hdmi baluns which id just pull through the brush but would like to run 1 or 2 extra cables for network access which I'd like to wire into the module.

I've seen some plates called euro a/v and AV:link but none quite match my needs. Anyone seen something? Prefer uk size if poss

·
Registered
388 Posts
Cut out your single gang box and replace it with a double gang. Use a 2-gang decora plate with a brush grommet on one side and a decora strap with a couple keystone inserts on the other side. Alternatively, ditch the idea of a brush grommet, and just get a plate with one more keystone opening than you will need for Ethernet jacks. You can easily pass 3 or 4 Cat5 through one keystone opening.

·
Registered
113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshepard  /t/1468387/brush-plates-with-rj45-modules-uk-if-poss#post_23211354

Cut out your single gang box and replace it with a double gang. Use a 2-gang decora plate with a brush grommet on one side and a decora strap with a couple keystone inserts on the other side.

Exactly, this is the epitome of modular design

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.