AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
DOLBY ATMOS! HT ROOM for Movies only:

Med to Large bedroom that is 12 X 19 viewing area with a 6 X 8 (approx) added floorspace to the left rear going out to the hallway.

Before

Before

Before

Hallway door to HT Room

Door

Front Stage with JTR Quintuple's, Mitsu 82" dlp, & dual Submersives (I did have 4, went back to 2)- one per front corner.

Room has GIK Acoustics package with corner bass traps, super bass traps in the rear, and the rest of the traps are 244's. Rack with the Denon x5200w AVR & Onkyo 9-channel amp PA-MC5500 (4 ohms @ 300 wpc). XT32 and all speaker crossovers are at 80 hz, Oppo 103D, Direct TV satillite box, Mitsu 82" DLP TV, Monster HTPS 7000, and for older HDDVD movies - Tosh XA2. L & R, C speakers are JTR Quintuples, and all Surrounds are JTR Triple 8's, Height 1 & 2 speakers are Tannoy Di5's. Dual Submersives HP subs, and they are placed in the front corners. Feeding the equipment are 2 dedicated 20 amp lines. Seats are Pavillion Red Leather Home Theater Seating with 2 rows of 3. Rear seats are on a 12" riser.

It's been alot of fun doing all of this and I have about 7 days into it all.

LIVING ROOM SETUP for TV only:

Living room setup is Polk RT5000 with all RT55's with mains and surrounds. Setup is 7.2 with Denon 4311ci and dual MFW-15 subwoofers. Nice for watching regular TV shows and news. No movies watched here as that is what the HT Room is for.

Thanx, Bill

·
Premium Member
13,471 Posts
Looks AWESOME Bill! Congrats. The red chairs are incredible. They look really comfy, but the red leather looks really bold and beautiful. I'm sure the sound is spectacular, with those speakers, driven by the electronics and the Submersives. I wish I lived near Olympia, WA. I'd be spending a lot of time at your house!

Craig

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Craig, it finally came together and the audio is spectacular.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Wow, very, very cool. I'll certianly continue to keep up with your contributions,...always a pleasure.

You've got some serious firepower there, and it's nice to see some acoustic treatments,.....and yeah I really dig the seating.

Best of luck, thanks for sharing. Very, very cool system

·
Registered
194 Posts
Wow your system looks top notch, those speakers look like they can pump out some serious sound. Those chairs look really nice too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry to hear the circumstances of the rooms availability. You have created an awesome space that I'm sure sounds incredible. Enjoy it well!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
A whole lotta Awesome Gear there - in a very cool space!!!
Nicely done Bill!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Very nice what you did to your room and most respect to say I am sorry to hear you lost your wife, but I am sure she's happily in a better place and now enjoy watching movies with you.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Link in your profile = hilarious!! Love Sheldon. Maybe I'll try that next time I go to the movies lol. BTW, great setup you have. Do you listen at reference levels?

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeyayo50  /t/1416077/bsoko2-new-ht-june-2012#post_22198498

Link in your profile = hilarious!! Love Sheldon. Maybe I'll try that next time I go to the movies lol. BTW, great setup you have. Do you listen at reference levels?

Listen from -5 to reference, depends on material.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
great setup!!

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
You have single-handedly caused me to look at the contents of the JTR website with lust. lol....That theater is excellent.....Now, as someone who is at the threshold of upgrading subs, i must ask--what made you go with the Seaton Submersives v.s. the JTR Captivators?

P.S. That "The Hunger Games" poster - sheer excellence.

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haven't heard the Caps but Seaton has an excellent rep and the Submersive has been around for awhile with no issues. Shootout between the Submersive and Caps are so close some of the people involved had a hard time between the two. I have had 18" subs in the past but prefer the dual 15" model sealed SQ having had Quad Empires a year or so ago.

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea  /t/1416077/bsoko2-new-ht-june-2012#post_22305152

bsoko2 --

What? You didn't keep the reindeers?

They didn't go with the chairs!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts