AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here is using beyond Tv 3.5 and outputting it to a HDTV. I am running a 9800 pro and have a 34 inch widescreen sony HDTV with 4 component inputs and 1 hdmi input. I have a few questions!

When I output to my HDTV through component i have to set my screen resolution to 1920x1080 and i get a slight overscan, which is OK. I dont have a problem with BTV 3.5 but the problem i am having is when i try to play a file I have recorded previously or even when watching tv the screen is cropped on the sides showing me a 4:3 image. Is there a way to fix this do i need to encode it in a different resolution?

Also whenever i try to output a dvd through my radeon 9800 in beyond media (another program) i dont get any picture is this a harware or software issue. How would i fix this?

Thanks for any of you help you can provide,

Oh before i forget is it better to use the dvi to hdmi or use dvi to component adaptor to component cable to tv?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use BTV 3.5 and output to my Mits 65" rear proj. I set my desktop resolution to 856x480p for zero overscan using powerstrip. I have a Radeon 9600 (and check force 1080i in displays tab under settings). Looks absolutely great. For standard def that's more than enough resolution.

As for no picture on the dvd, sounds like you need a program like Anydvd, which allows you to play dvd's at higher res's than 780x480 (which is what it is encoded at, and all traditional settop boxes will display.

You are trying to use a hidef resolution and it is blanking out. Just Google for Anydvd, and that will most certainly solve that problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.