AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update: Some may find it hard to locate these cups at Wal-Mart now becuase the summer season is over but there is good news; these cups are also available from Amazon.com! Special thanks to Mike for finding this information. By the way, the

black and silver cups are a perfect match color wise for black theater seats with silver/aluminum cup holders.

Bubba Keg 34 Oz Travel Mug at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com Search for: Bubba Keg 34 Oz Travel Mug

Long Flexible Straw at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com Search for: Long Flexible Straw

Home theater fans, I have a set of Berkline theater seats with built in cup holders (silver metal) and have been looking for a large, insulated (cold, hot) cup that would fit and provide the movie goer with enough liquid (so that they would not have to get up during a movie for a refill), for months. Well, I came across a perfect solution today at Wal-Mart. It is a large BLACK BUBBA SPORT 34 oz cup with a handle and sealable lid. It has a narrow white golf ball nubbies like band around the middle (They had others that have a basketball orange color and texture band but the golf ball motif looked the best) and it says BUBBA SPORT 34. Folks, it is a perfect fit for our theater seat cup holders; narrow at the bottom, wider ABOVE the top of the seat cup holder and the advertising on the cup tag says it keeps cold liquids cold up to 12 hours with ice (plenty of time for TWO movies!) and hot liquids hot for up to 3 hours.

If you want to see exactly what the cup looks like go to the following web site:

http://www.bubbakeg.com/

Click on "Products" at the top and then click on "BUBBA SPORT" (on the left). When the next window comes up it is the first item on the left; the 34oz (1 liter) travel mug.

Wal-Mart in our area is blowing them out (I think they view them as a summer item.) at $5 a piece, they are normally just $6.98!

Anyone looking for a great theater seat cup should look no further, they are a perfect match for our black Berkline 45003 all leather seats and any theater seat with built in cup holders.

Everyone here on the AVS forum has always been so helpful, I wanted to pass this along and contribute to the cause.

Remember they are called BUBBA SPORT 34, here is the Wal-Mart SKU number:

Get them while you can and ENJOY!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
P.S. One more thing, those LARGE red heavy duty straws used for the mega/extra large drink that you can get from any fast food place; Wal-mart, Sams Club, etc... are a perfect fit and work like a charm.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: The cups work as advertised regarding keeping liquids cold for hours and the good news is they are well insulated and do not "sweat" develop condensation over time which is great for keeping the cup holders dry.

If any other AVS member gets them please pass along your observations and findings regarding how they work with your theater seats, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
dang youre acting like you work for them

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc /forum/post/14211245

Nope, never heard of them before I came across the cups at W-mart. The only reason why I am posting is because I know how hard it has been to find a LARGE cup that fits our theater seat cup holders that don't sweat and keep beverages cold for a LONG time. These things are color coordinated for black theater seating, work GREAT and Wal-mart is blowing them out for $5 each! At that price, you can buy one for every seat you have and the next time you invite guests over for a big event they are going to be very impressed and pleased because they will have LARGE cold drinks that last and stay cold for the duration of the event.

Like I said in my first post, the people here on AVS have been so helpful in making our HT a reality that I wanted to contribute.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytheaternoob /forum/post/14214387

OP forgot to mention how important it is to act now

Sorry Jmouse but that was damn funny!!!

·
Registered
520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc /forum/post/14211245

Bubba or Walmart?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Wizard /forum/post/14219418

Bubba or Walmart?
As I said previously... I do not work for either; these cups are just a great inexpensive decorative and perfect solution to the need for L A R G E theater sized cups that keep enough liquid cold or hot for hours and that fit our theater seat cup holders.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I just got 3 today for 3 bucks each, they are pretty well insulated and should do the job well, and they fit in the berk cup holders.

Thanks for the heads up

Rahimlee

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahimlee54 /forum/post/14378916

I just got 3 today for 3 bucks each, they are pretty well insulated and should do the job well, and they fit in the berk cup holders.

Thanks for the heads up

Rahimlee

That's SWEET, $3 each, is a great deal! It sounds like they are blowing them out because summer is almost over.

As for being well insulated, they are and like you said, they fit in the theater seat cup holders and they hold a LOT of whatever your drinking. They are the perfect solution and they look good too.

·
Registered
920 Posts
They are still fantastic, I use mine all the time. Fill it with Jungle Juice and youre good for a movie or 3 hours of gaming.

·
Registered
412 Posts
thx for the bump. Might need to pickup a few for my ht. Now I wonder if I can stick a straw in there...

BTW, here's a pic since the site is flash base.

·
Registered
920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmenxmenxmen /forum/post/14484890

thx for the bump. Might need to pickup a few for my ht. Now I wonder if I can stick a straw in there...

Get a really big drill bit and you have a straw hole, I did that for my wife. You will need really long straws though, we just picked up a few at Sams Club and some from Hardees, until we can find some to buy.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmenxmenxmen /forum/post/14484890

Thanks for posting a picture of these puppies. They sure are great theater cups and they hold a ton of liquid goodies and keep them cold for hours.. They also look great, fit our cup holders and they can be had for real short money.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts