AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone care to comment?

Hopefully I can get a screen ordered this week. I should be happy with this being my first projector screen.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Most seem happy with their low cost screens, but I'd still consider a tab tensioned version to keep things flat. I've been trying to get a couple screen material samples for comparison locally to other screens, but haven't had much luck yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boarder1995
Most seem happy with their low cost screens, but I'd still consider a tab tensioned version to keep things flat.
So you'd say tab tensioned is worth the extra $300 - $500?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I installed a 110" Accuscreen electric screen from Tiger Direct that I bought for $199. They still have similar deals. The screen works great with my Epson 8100 and hangs flat if care is taken to level the case when hanging. At that price you can even paint it for higher performance with ambient light. I believe the gain on the screen is right at 1.0.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I forgot to mention that I have had the screen for a year and I am still very happy with the picture. Also, the screen came with both IR and RF remotes so you don'r need line of sight for the remote to raise or lower screen. I was able to order the screen through a local CompUSA store so I saved the shipping cost, although I had to pay tax.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts