AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm pretty new to the site yet I've been reading a bunch of articles regarding my needs. I just purchased a denon x1000 receiver and I am looking to add a 2.1 setup to go along. I previously purchased the polk 45b speakers with psw505 sub. They're too big for the room (apartment living room).

I'm looking for 2 bookshelf speakers preferably under 9 inches in height, and up to $300 for the pair, and a sub (around $200) to pair with it. There is a wide variety of media that will be played through the speakers, ie movies, sports, streaming music (pop, classical, electronic, alternative, jazz and classical).

I am currently looking at the following speakers:

Cambridge Audio SX-50

Klipsch RB-40ii

Energy CB-5

The subwoofer I am currently considering is:

Energy Power 12

I would like to move forward with the purchase asap, so any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabraham1  /t/1519699/budget-2-1-with-denon-x1000-receiver#post_24405571

The primus won't work because it's too tall, unfortunately. How is that sub in comparison to the energy sub?

I don't much know about the Energy Power 12, but I've seen mixed reviews of the 10" version of that sub. On the other hand, people seem very satisfied with the NXG. Sound and Vision gave it a very positive review: http://www.soundandvision.com/content/review-nxg-nx-bas-500-subwoofer It should be a step up over the PSW505 that you have.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Keep the Polk PSW505 and just get different bookshelf speakers Why spend money on a different subwoofer if you already got one? You are only saving like a total of 2inches so its not worth it by changing the subwoofer.

The Cambridge S30's would do a decent job replacing the Monitor 45's

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts