AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems lots of good content is releasing on blu-ray 3d until the end of this year. But can't afford more than 5 titles. What would be your top 5 recommendations on blu-ray 3d releasing right until christmas this year? I haven't bought a blu-ray 3d since after may 2011.

As a side note, I dont own the best buy xclusives yet . And i'm more concerned about the 3d effects than the movie itself.

So what would be your top 5 picks to get for the rest of this year?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Animated movies so far seem to look the best in 3D if you are aiming for Demo material so I would suggest:

Megamind

How to train your dragon

Coraline

For live action material I would suggest:

Samsung exclusive IMAX triple play (ebay, pretty cheap)

Resident Evil Afterlife 3D

Tron Legacy (saw it in theaters and own it but haven't got to see it on my TV yet)

Captain America (not the best 3D of the bunch but still good and a good movie)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Again, How to Train Your Dragon. It's a great movie and we loved the 3D. We have already watched it once through HBO 3D on-demand but it's still a must buy for us.

Also, Resident Evil:Afterlife can be had for cheap. And yes, it's a goofy hack'm up zombie movie but the 3D is fantastic. Tangled is another top pick.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Of recent 3D movies in the theater, I'd recommend Transformers 3D and Captain America, but I haven't kept up with when they are releasing on Blu Ray. I did not think Thor or the Harry Potter movie used 3D to any great advantage. I think I would agree with E-JTL and suggest some games to watch in 3D.

·
Registered
386 Posts
For those with a PS3, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One comes out Oct 18 and Uncharted 3 comes out Nov 1, both supporting 3d. R&C and Uncharted are fantastic series.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Buy a Panasonic 110 or 210 and get Avatar for free. Then buy any of the following: Tangled, How to Train Your Dragon, Tron Legacy, and Megamind.

·
Banned
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ hey i already have a decent 3d collection, avatar including. i was only asking what would be your top picks for the upcoming releases on blu-ray 3d for the rest of this year. Also i've yet to get the best buy exclusives.

How's the 3d on megamind and tron legacy? HTTYD is a confirmed buy for me.

As for the ps3 games, i just dont feel like donning the glasses through long campaigns a la uncharted 3. Granted i wont play it in one stretch but to have to put on the glasses everytime to play through the campaign feels a bit of a chore to me. I am ok with a 90 minute movie. So UC3 ill keep it to 2d when i get it sometime early next year.

·
Registered
386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rene2kx /forum/post/0

^ hey i already have a decent 3d collection, avatar including. i was only asking what would be your top picks for the upcoming releases on blu-ray 3d for the rest of this year. Also i've yet to get the best buy exclusives.

How's the 3d on megamind and tron legacy? HTTYD is a confirmed buy for me.

As for the ps3 games, i just dont feel like donning the glasses through long campaigns a la uncharted 3. Granted i wont play it in one stretch but to have to put on the glasses everytime to play through the campaign feels a bit of a chore to me. I am ok with a 90 minute movie. So UC3 ill keep it to 2d when i get it sometime early next year.

Ratchet and clank all for one i tried the demo, played demo both 2d and 3d. 3d effects are okay but the graphics are just not that good. I though tools of destruction and a crack in time had better gfx. Im not getting this R&C game.

Where did you get/play the R&C All 4 One demo? It's not on the playstation network.

Also, you don't have to buy a different Uncharted 3 to get 3d. It's all the same package. Why not play a bit in 3d, then switch to 2d when you get tired of that?

·
Banned
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-JTL /forum/post/20957568

Where did you get/play the R&C All 4 One demo? It's not on the playstation network.

Also, you don't have to buy a different Uncharted 3 to get 3d. It's all the same package. Why not play a bit in 3d, then switch to 2d when you get tired of that?

Oops my bad r&c is not avlbl yet on the psn store..it was some other game i was thinking. no coffee yet lol.

As for uncharted 3,i know it'll be on the same disc. yes ill defintely give it a go once in 3d to see how ND did with the 3d aspect, since this game is being designed with 3d in mind..but lately i just dont find it feasible to sit through entire campaigns in 3d.

Best 3d ive seen in a game is easily avatar the game (x360/ps3) ..better than killzone 3, motorstorm 3or any other game. Many 3d gamers are not aware of that title but when you crank up the 3d effect in the options menu on avatar the game, the 3d is so mindblowingly awesome it rivals the best 3d movies out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts