Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Well my situation is as follows.I will be projecting from 9'-10' aprox. at a Dalite HighPower 84". I bought this screen because I wanted to be wrinkle-free, and the initial plan was the purchase of an x1. However, I am looking also for other solutions.I want a 4:3 projector,and because of the relative small viewing distance (about 6'-7') and the HP screen, I wonder if I have to buy an XGA and not a SVGA projector.Unfortunatelly, my budget is too tight for the NEC LT-240K, which seems the ideal solution, so I am examining the possibility of buying a Benq 650,a Dell 3200 MP,the new HP- VP6120, or the older Sharp-M20X. However, the best price for most of these projectors, is at least 500$ more than the price of the X1. I will be using an HTPC, and I would like DVI - if it is possible. I am open to suggestions, and I would like both your opinions regarding the pjs mentioned,and whether you believe that the difference in pq is worth the extra money...

Peter

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Assuming you will be watching mostly 4x3 material, the X1 would be an ideal way to go. Following your specs there would be no real need for a higher res pj. It would still be best to sit at least 1.5x screen diagonal as your viewing distance. Lastly, a short throw lens may be your best option because of your smaller environment.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be using the pj for dvds and standard TV mostly.However my problem remains...Will I gain from DVI and the higher resolution of an XGA panel? And does the difference worth the extra money?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think the biggest difference would be small text would easier to read. I have the Infocus X1 and HTPC and run 1024x768 scaled and have set my font size to large to get a cleaner easier to read image. Text is the ONLY reason that I might want an XGA projector. I have not seen HD on it yet but from what I have read I looks preety good.

I have watched DVD's at 800x600 (X1 native resolution) and 1024x768 (X1 scaled) and see little to no difference in picture quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.