AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone recommend a budget receiver (around $400) for my KEF KHT1005? The speakers are for a 14' * 17' room and are mounted on stands near a 8" wide screen centered on the 17' wall.

I'd like a "night" mode on the receiver to reduce sound effects and increase voice to stop my wife complaining...

Thanks!

·
Registered
524 Posts
you might try the panasonic xr 55 for less than $300 and 7.1 sound. I don't know if it has the night mode though, maybe someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamowhum
you might try the panasonic xr 55 for less than $300 and 7.1 sound. I don't know if it has the night mode though, maybe someone else can chime in.
For the Panasonic XR55, they do have a feature such as this. On page #19 of the manual, it is called DR Comp (Dynamic Range Compression). There 3 selections: Off, Standard and Max. Max is recommended for night viewing.

It simply amazes me how much Panasonic has built into this little receiver. It can be a bit picky about which speakers you pair with it, though, since it is a more forward-sounding receiver than many of the others out there.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Juan,

go to Harman Audio on eBay, see what $400 will get you...probably an HK 330, maybe even 430 if you're lucky. These are refurb units but with full direct HK warranty.

The Panny sa-xr55 is another option, Amazon.com has it for $230 shipped.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. What's the difference between the HK 330 and 335? I've also seen a 335 Z.

Has anyone purchased a refurb and what are their impressions?

Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.