AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!
Anything brands out there? I bought a couple of $15-20 3D active ones on ebay and they don't seem to keep up with action. How can you tell if they are fast? Is there something to look for when buying the glasses. I have a Acer 5380 projector. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Eh?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I use the nvidia 3d vision glasses. They are absolutely perfect for anything, never had any ghosting or shadowing, and you can usually get a pair of them for under 40 bucks on ebay.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have a set of the second ones and hate them. They are VERY uncomfortable and they because they don't wrap they pickup reflections from even the smallest lights behind me like the "on" LED from the projector.

The monoprice 3d glasses aren't too bad.

The ultraclear glasses are okay but I think also discontinued.

The discontinued Xpand glasses are okay but have a funky battery that is hard to find. There is a thread on how to cut the case off from the proprietary xpand battery to use a 2032.

I have had bad experiences with cheap rechargeable battery 3d glasses where the batteries fail or don't hold charge and end up powering off in the middle of a movie (usually when friends are over and I need more than a few sets of glasses all charged up).

I had half of the sainsonic glasses fail within a couple of years but it looks like they have changed the model from what I had (mine were white and they don't seem to have those now).

Mine were for DLPlink if it matters.

-Rich

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have a set of the second ones and hate them. They are VERY uncomfortable and they because they don't wrap they pickup reflections from even the smallest lights behind me like the "on" LED from the projector.

The monoprice 3d glasses aren't too bad.

The ultraclear glasses are okay but I think also discontinued.

The discontinued Xpand glasses are okay but have a funky battery that is hard to find. There is a thread on how to cut the case off from the proprietary xpand battery to use a 2032.

I have had bad experiences with cheap rechargeable battery 3d glasses where the batteries fail or don't hold charge and end up powering off in the middle of a movie (usually when friends are over and I need more than a few sets of glasses all charged up).

I had half of the sainsonic glasses fail within a couple of years but it looks like they have changed the model from what I had (mine were white and they don't seem to have those now).

Mine were for DLPlink if it matters.

-Rich
Xpand has a new rechargable dlp link glasses.
http://www.xpand.me/products/xpand-dlp-link-3d-glasses/
Not sure who has any for sale currently.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Xpand has a new rechargable dlp link glasses.
http://www.xpand.me/products/xpand-dlp-link-3d-glasses/
Not sure who has any for sale currently.
Yea I don't think the new xpands fall into the cheap category though.

The xpands ones are cheap given that they are discontinued and have the battery issue. Once you cut the battery case and replace it with a 2032 that issue is resolved. I posted in a thread with pictures a few months back. My complaint about the older xpands is actually that there is no nose bridge padding so they get uncomfortable after a while.

The ultraclears aren't too bad. I actually like the Acer ones that came with my projector best but I can't find another pair.

I think I have some extra non DLP ultraclears that I bought thinking they were DLPlink that I need to sell off. I just have to figure out what they are actually for given that they aren't clearly marked.

-Rich

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yea I don't think the new xpands fall into the cheap category though.

The xpands ones are cheap given that they are discontinued and have the battery issue. Once you cut the battery case and replace it with a 2032 that issue is resolved. I posted in a thread with pictures a few months back. My complaint about the older xpands is actually that there is no nose bridge padding so they get uncomfortable after a while.

The ultraclears aren't too bad. I actually like the Acer ones that came with my projector best but I can't find another pair.

I think I have some extra non DLP ultraclears that I bought thinking they were DLPlink that I need to sell off. I just have to figure out what they are actually for given that they aren't clearly marked.

-Rich
The older x102's have nose pieces as an add on. I got a bag of them since they come in a 20 pack and have only 5 pairs.
http://www.xpand.me/shop/nose-piece-x101-and-x102/20-nose-pieces/
My current mitsubish projector dose not do dlp link so a got 5 x102's, 3 red, 2 blue. A bunch of nose pieces and a whole bunch of xpand replacement batteries I can't use.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
787 Posts
I bought a couple of $15-20 3D active ones on ebay and they don't seem to keep up with action. How can you tell if they are fast?
I don't get how a pair of glasses could be bad with action but good with anything else. Active glasses do exactly the same work no matter what type of picture you are displaying.

Before you buy something, can you describe your problem ?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Suggestions for a good rechargeable active 3D glasses for the 2015 Samsung SUHD flat screen TVs???
I got the XPAND RF glasses at Best Buy last month & I am happy I did , they work great. They were 10 dollars cheaper than the Samsung rechargeable glasses.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't get how a pair of glasses could be bad with action but good with anything else. Active glasses do exactly the same work no matter what type of picture you are displaying.

Before you buy something, can you describe your problem ?
I came to find out that the PJ was set to 120hz and when I changed it to 144hz it was like night and day. I'm still looking for like 20 bucks glasses that can cover the eyes on the sides, so no glare/reflections. I was looking AT these because of the wraparound look and price: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...itle_1&smid=ADPL8OFMVZM30&tag=viglink20246-20
What do you guys think?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts