AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm putting together a budget system with some Jamo S426 speakers and a refurbished Denon 1612 Receiver. I still need a sub and I can get the Dayton Sub 1000 and the BIC V1020 for approximately the same price. Which one would you guys use or does anyone have any experience with both? Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
Well, I've had an older Dayton 10" sub for quite a while now and it's still kicking. It's not the most dynamic sub in the world, but it does it's job for what I paid for it.

I'd say it's better for movies than it is for music. Half the time I keep it off during music listening, as it tends to get a little sloppy. But to it's credit, it can get loud when needed.

For the price I paid (around $100), it's been a good performer.

I have no experience with the Bic, but I'm guessing it would be pretty similar. Similar power & response ratings, 10" ported & similar cabinet size. Just have to decide if you want down-firing or front-firing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'm coming off of a $200 HTIB with a passive sub so I'm sure the Dayton would be night and day for me
I went ahead and ordered one and will setup it up with Audyssey when it gets here. I'll let you know how it turns out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts