AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is finally going to let me purchase some speakers to replace my front speakers have now. They are due to be replaced , the were purchased in 1980. Here is my current setup:

Acoustic Research Center

Acoustic Research Sub

Pair of JBL HLS610 for rears

Pair of 1980 Pioneers for Fronts

I have to keep it under $200 for the pair. I was thinking of moving the JBLs to the front depending on what I end up with. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kelly Johnson

Lexington, KY

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was looking at Polk RT25i speakers to use as my rears. I would be moving the JBLs up front. Any opinions on these speakers?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey Kelly,

You might also want to take a look at Paradigm Atoms, I believe they are under $200. I purchased some Paradigm Micros but listened to both, sounded good - check out their website to see where you could demo some near you...

William

·
Registered
345 Posts
I would also recommend Paradigm for this price range. I have a pair of Titans, and they blow away any of the mass-market brands. Since you've got a sub, you can probably go with the cheaper Atoms; some people say the Atoms actually sound better than the Titans anyway. I don't know how well they'll blend with your AR center, but probably at least as well as your 22yr-old Pioneers!

The only problem with the Paradigms is finding them. They have limited distribution in the US, so you should probably go to their website to find a dealer.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Dahlquist www.audioshop.on.ca The QX6 is great, I have paradigm studio 40's and Atoms and my QX6's replaced a set of B&W 303's. They are great on the low end, smooth on the mid and silky up high with an amazing dispersion. All for like $500 Cdn or something like that. So about $275 - $300 USD They have smaller speakers too that would outgun the paradigms. They are great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.