Fronts - 2x Polk Monitor 70

Center - Polk CS2

Sub - BIC America f12

Surrounds - in the future

Thoughts? Is anything out of place?

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
I would recommend the CS20 center speaker for use with the Monitor 70 speakers. The sound quality is better.

The Bic America F12 is a waste of money; It won't put out much more bass than the Monitor 70 speakers by themselves, and what it does put out will be so distorted that it will ruin the system sound.

I would forget a subwoofer until you can afford a REAL SUBwoofer; the BIC is a pretender, not a real subwoofer. It is badly underpowered.

REAL subwoofers start at around $500, such as the Rythmic FV12 and the NHT B12D.

Actually, if it was me, I would save $200 by getting the CS20 and Monitor 50 speakers, which will go down to below 50 Hz, and then put that money into a Rythmic FV12 subwoofer. The Monitor 50s can handle down to 50 HZ and the sub can take care of 50 Hz on down. The Monitor 70s are worth the extra money, IMO, only if you are NOT going to have a subwoofer at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbkxbb  /t/1416709/budget-build#post_22151872

Receiver - Onkyo 709

Fronts - 2x Polk Monitor 70

Center - Polk CS2

Sub - BIC America f12

Surrounds - in the future

Thoughts? Is anything out of place?

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman  /t/1416709/budget-build#post_22151885

I would recommend the CS20 center speaker for use with the Monitor 70 speakers. The sound quality is better.

The Bic America F12 is a waste of money; It won't put out much more bass than the Monitor 70 speakers by themselves, and what it does put out will be so distorted that it will ruin the system sound.

I would forget a subwoofer until you can afford a REAL SUBwoofer; the BIC is a pretender, not a real subwoofer. It is badly underpowered.

REAL subwoofers start at around $500, such as the Rythmic FV12 and the NHT B12D.

Actually, if it was me, I would save $200 by getting the CS20 and Monitor 50 speakers, which will go down to below 50 Hz, and then put that money into a Rythmic FV12 subwoofer. The Monitor 50s can handle down to 50 HZ and the sub can take care of 50 Hz on down.
There is no FV12 any more. Discontinued.

The BIC F12 is one of the best entry level subs in its price range. If $200 was my sub budget, I'd go for that or the Polk PSW505 if still $199 at Newegg.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I can afford a better sub if its going to be worth the extra money.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The BIC PL-200 is also a good budget sub at around $300. It has more output than F12. Its great for my home theater use easily. Im not even looking for a sub upgrade, just speakers.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
The Rythmic FV12 is still for sale, for $499, and is NOT discontinued. They are temporarily out of stock but it is possible to order one now.

You can go to their website and click on "BUY NOW" and order one right this minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145  /t/1416709/budget-build#post_22151982

There is no FV12 any more. Discontinued.

The BIC F12 is one of the best entry level subs in its price range. If $200 was my sub budget, I'd go for that or the Polk PSW505 if still $199 at Newegg.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman  /t/1416709/budget-build#post_22152033

The Rythmic FV12 is still for sale, for $499, and is NOT discontinued. They are temporarily out of stock but it is possible to order one now.

You can go to their website and click on "BUY NOW" and order one right this minute.

Really? And you think that you know that because you think you know everything?

'Cause Rythmik says differently. This has already been discussed in the Rythmik owners thread. Looks like lucky for the OP that they found a few more if he wants one. Rythmik previously sent a notice that the original FV12 would be out of stock for several months while they do a new version, and Brian confirmed it .

To the OP: If you want one, grab it, because it won't be there for long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts