AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 5.1-channel amp for a few bucks (Technics SA-TX30) and I´d like to use an external DD/DTS decoder so that I don´t have to use my PC with a 5.1-soundcard to handle the audio decoding on DVDs. A standalone DVD player would be one solution, but I´d like the flexibility of a simple decoder like the SH-AC 500D. But, I just can´t find this unit anywhere in Europe anymore. So, does anyone know a source for things like this or some similar units? They don´t have to be high-end, they are just needed for plain simple digital-signal-to-5.1-conversion, nothing more, although the unit should be able of handling DTS streams. Switching the input stream type by hand is acceptable, standard DolbySurround should be included.

·
Registered
72 Posts
same problem here. got a sa-tx50 and a htpc. guess we have to wait a little. probably there will be a lot of 5.1 units be available ina few months when everyone is buying a 6.1 or 7.1 receiver :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.