AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Epson 5040 projector is HDCP 2.2, but my Denon Receiver AVR-X5200W is still just 2.0. I don't want to buy a new receiver, so is there a budget matrix unit folks have had success with that handles Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos so I can get HDCP 2.2 video content on my projector and run audio through my receiver?
I would like to stay under $150, or even lower.

Thx!

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
My Epson 5040 projector is HDCP 2.2, but my Denon Receiver AVR-X5200W is still just 2.0. I don't want to buy a new receiver, so is there a budget matrix unit folks have had success with that handles Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos so I can get HDCP 2.2 video content on my projector and run audio through my receiver?
I would like to stay under $150, or even lower.

Thx!

That's an old receiver. HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.0. There is a poster who is very knowledgeable on matrix switches and what not so hopefully he'll stop by and give you some guidance but as to the budget part, I don't know. Good luck.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's an old receiver. HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.0. There is a poster who is very knowledgeable on matrix switches and what not so hopefully he'll stop by and give you some guidance but as to the budget part, I don't know. Good luck.
It is an old receiver, but everything about it works except for HDR!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
'handles Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos so I can get HDCP 2.2 video content on my projector and run audio through my receiver?' - that require more than a conventional Matrix will offer so unlikely you find a solution within the indicated budget.

HDFury have the AVR key (1x1), Integral² (2x2), Vertex (2x2) and Vertex² (4x2) which all have a 'legacy' AVR mode to allow you to pass full video to your Display plus full audio with a dummy HD/HDCP1.4 signal to your AVR.

If you use a conventional Matrix all Outputs put out the same signal and the Matrix will usually pass the EDID from both Sink devices (Projector and AVR) to the Source and the Source will configure to output a signal both Sink devices support - meaning the legacy AVR capabilities will dictate what the Source Outputs.

Joe

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
'handles Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos so I can get HDCP 2.2 video content on my projector and run audio through my receiver?' - that require more than a conventional Matrix will offer so unlikely you find a solution within the indicated budget.

HDFury have the AVR key (1x1), Integral² (2x2), Vertex (2x2) and Vertex² (4x2) which all have a 'legacy' AVR mode to allow you to pass full video to your Display plus full audio with a dummy HD/HDCP1.4 signal to your AVR.

If you use a conventional Matrix all Outputs put out the same signal and the Matrix will usually pass the EDID from both Sink devices (Projector and AVR) to the Source and the Source will configure to output a signal both Sink devices support - meaning the legacy AVR capabilities will dictate what the Source Outputs.

Joe
Well, that pretty much does it for me then. Just going to have to get a new receiver. Thank you for the very informative response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts