AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and has no audio issues like low db level of low lfe on the HDMI input? What are my options for this?

Right now I have an HD-DVD player which I love, and which is connected to my HK avr 630 through the analog outs. But I plan on purchasing a PS3 in the near future, and would like to upgrade my receiver to something with HDMI inputs. But I'm on a budget, and want to spend as little as possible, though I'm open to suggestions of receivers $500-700, less would be better. I have an HDMI switch box, so I guess I don't need a receiver with multiple HDMI inputs. And I also hope to find something that won't introduce any handshake issues into the equation. I'm using a Panny 900 projector, fwiw.

So if you guys could help me out on this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capek /forum/post/0

and has no audio issues like low db level of low lfe on the HDMI input? What are my options for this?

Right now I have an HD-DVD player which I love, and which is connected to my HK avr 630 through the analog outs. But I plan on purchasing a PS3 in the near future, and would like to upgrade my receiver to something with HDMI inputs. But I'm on a budget, and want to spend as little as possible, though I'm open to suggestions of receivers $500-700, less would be better. I have an HDMI switch box, so I guess I don't need a receiver with multiple HDMI inputs. And I also hope to find something that won't introduce any handshake issues into the equation. I'm using a Panny 900 projector, fwiw.

So if you guys could help me out on this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Check out Denon AVR-2307ci/AVR-887, Marantz SR5001, Onkyo SR674 (or SR604 if you don't care to have HDMI upconversion feature) and Panasonic SA-XR700.

I think both Onkyo's can't do 7.1 PCM over HDMI. They are capable of 5.1 PCM over HDMI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.