AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to get a display, right now im running my media through a 20' refurbished dell set along one side of room, but watching tv/dvd on a 27' philips tube along other side, having 2 displays in a 10'x20' livingroom is making me crazy, want to consolidate and go big, whats the best display for htpc and 5.1 channel setup, looking for the best bang for the buck (im a student) don't want to loose my eyesight, oh yeah setup is np because im single so any format goes.

barton 2500

asus a7n8x

1 gig corsair

powercolor 256bit 9800se softmod

a4 tech wireless key/mouse

denon dvd 1600

denon avr 1603

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Go with a projector if you can control the light. If not, look at a 30" syntax lcd display to use both as an HDTV and a HTPC monitor. Discussed in the display section...runs about $1500.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Bang for the buck on a budget? Best purchase I ever made was my Infocus X1 projector. I've almost stopped using my "small" HDTV because even though the res is only 800x600 I much prefer watching DVDs and SDTV at 100" on the X1. And with the 4000 hour bulb life and affordable bulb replacement cost, I really do use the X1 for almost everything--I'm even typing this post on it. :)

·
Registered
850 Posts
I agree on the projector. I haven't seen the X1 myself, but people seem to really love them. I can't stand watching movies on my plasma - projectors are just so much more immersive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.