AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys looks like due to some unexpected house expenses my original budget of $1000 for speakers and a sub just got knocked down to $1000 total for speakers, sub, and receiver.

I havent made up my mind on the receiver BUT Ive looking at the Denon 1610 and the Onkyo rc160 which are both at $330 which leaves me $670 to spend on speakers and a sub.

Here is what Im considering.

1. Paradigm Cinema 70 5.1 ($299) & eD A2-300 or HSU STF-2 ($350) = $650

2. Energy Take Classic - ($245) & eD A2-300 or HSU STF-2 ($350) = $600

3. Paradigm Cinema 90 5.1 ($650)

4. Any other 5.1 setup you guys can recommend to me for $670 and under.

Im kinda leaning towards the Paradigm route these are on a HUGE sale and are like half price plus I would get an extra sub too. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Getting your budget cut sucks for all kinds of reason but whats cool about our hobby is there are great products out there that perform at lower prices.

The Paradigm Cinema series are fantastic , Paradigm hit a home run here. Can't go wrong. Def Tech Pro monitor series is in the same price class check them out as well. Look into polk audio RM series , another fantastic system for a good price.

Receivers are difficult at this price level , depending on what you want out of it will greatly steer your decesion. Look into Yamaha , Pioneer , Onkyo and Sony. All make great performing budget receivers.

Another way to build a system is money is an issue is buy buy slowly as money becomes available. You need not have the entire system in one shot. Buying a better quality receiver and better quality main speakers then adding the rest of the system later will yield much better results down the road. Think before you buy.

Good luck.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I love my Cinema 90 - out of everything I auditioned (Def Tech 600/800/1000, Mirage, Klipsch, Infinity and a few others I don't remember), the Cinema's sounded so much more crisp and apparent through the total range. The sub does an amazing job (you probably wouldn't need a different sub...) and blends extremely well with the speakers. The speakers themselves do a fantastic job through the mid and high ranges and doesn't sound muddy like the DefTech's did (at least to me). The 90's even come with dipole rears, which is a nice little treat.

The Amazon sale on the Cinema 70 series is crazy! I guess if you want silver...you cannot beat that.

Mind you I came from the Polk RM6750, and these speakers are light years ahead of the Polk setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.