AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to spend around $350 for a pair of monitors.
I'm currently considering the Emotiva Airmotiv 5s, JBL LSR305, and the Mackie MR6 mk3.
Which of these would you recommend, and are there any other speakers I should consider around this price point?

Thanks!

·
The Village Idiot
9,631 Posts
I owned a pair of Airmotiv 6's for a while. From what I've read the 5's are about as good. I found them to be very good for extended listening sessions. I sold them because they have no grills. I haven't heard any of the other brands you listed.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
I have the LSR305s in my BR system and they are really good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Thanks for the input!

I owned a pair of Airmotiv 6's for a while. From what I've read the 5's are about as good. I found them to be very good for extended listening sessions. I sold them because they have no grills. I haven't heard any of the other brands you listed.
I'm pretty new to some of the terminology for speakers (I'm a long time headphone guy). What do you mean by grills?

·
The Village Idiot
9,631 Posts
Speaker covers. :cool:

·
The Village Idiot
9,631 Posts
One thing I've never cared for is speakers without the grills on. Since most speaker manufacturers use acoustically transparent cloth there is no real difference in sound. When I bought the Airmotivs I thought I could get used to them. They sounded great but were a distraction for me. The AMT tweeters are very nice but there are domed tweeters that are as good. The ones in my Salk SongTowers for instance. They are very smooth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts