Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

What can i get that's 42-46" and have a GREAT reputation and PQ? The set will go in my master BR. My budget as of right now is $2500. Nothing to big, but what are my options between RPTV, Plasma and LCD?

There are many good deals out there, but i want types and models please. The lighting in my master BR is bright(I'm sure this may make a difference)

I will be using the set for digital cable, DVD movies and my xbox games.

Any ideas for the newbie is greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys,

CBS from snowy Virginia

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you know, i saw that but NOT!!!! a neighbor of mine had to return his because it was working then it shut off for good!

Besides, i want to go with a brand name tv.

Thanks anyway!

You have a daewoo?

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
No, but I read in another thread a Daewoo owner gave it a glowing review and claimed it was better picture quality than the name-brand models he looked at next to it including Sony and Pioneer.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Take a look at the Sony Grand Wega III 42in. LCD rear proj. I think it can be had for that price. I heard something about a recall, power up problem or something, but assuming that's worked out take a look. For a few hundred more, I'd highly recommend plasma.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
"What can i get that's 42-46" and have a GREAT reputation and PQ? The set will go in my master BR. My budget as of right now is $2500."

For a great reputation, pass up the TV and spend $2500 buying some PR and such. :)

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Daewoo is quite a famous brand name. Enjoyed their 27" CRT TV for the past 9 years with zero problems. When I was in Korea it was considered on par with Samsung. Some say better. The Korean people are working very hard at creating better value products than Japan.

Just downloaded the owners manual from Daewoo's web site. And in the specs it is 3000:1. DP42SM owners manual That's pushing the Panny envelope. That fact alone is what's going to make me "pull the trigger" as you guys like to say. So we should see richer, deeper blacks. Better detail in the shadows, etc. if not with default then surely after it's been tweaked out.

·
Registered
191 Posts
LCD: not even close!

Plasma: Daewoo DP42SM (compUSA), Akai 4294 (Costco), Gateway 42 ED.

RPTV: Sony KF 42WE610 GWIII (LCD)

Best bet is the Sony LCD RPTV for your budget. You get true 720p, great for gaming and no fear of burn in. All the low budget plasma monitor only have so-so PQ and you'll need speakers and stands. Hopefully Sony has fixed the infamous GWIII buzz by now.

Good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.