AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.... looking for input on some of the lower price, smaller size LCD's (would like a 32", though 26" is perfectly acceptable). Budget priced brands (Olevia, Vizio, Wetinghouse), or even mid range (entry level Sony, Sharp, etc) that may be found on a special sale leading up to the superbowl.

This is for a second TV, primarily used for gaming. I'd say 90% gaming, 10% movie viewing. My son's media room if you will. Sad, my eight year old has a "media room", and I dream of having one someday. Oh well, I digress.

Looking at the $600ish range. Could float up a bit, but not much (like upper 600's...... not 800's). Now, if you have a recomendation for something in the 700-800 range, I'd still like to hear it. I think the people on this board have a better chance of upselling me than anyone working any of the local electronics stores.

·
Registered
11,578 Posts
I just noticed Sears has a Panasonic TC-26LX70 on sale this week for $709. This would be around your price. I really think Panny's have a great PQ. The contrast ratio is very good. I have the 32" and love it. I'm not positive if it has VGA computer input, but if your computer has HDMI or DVI output it would work anyway, since it has 2 hdmi inputs.

As far as cheaper, I also have a VIZIO which I am more than happy with. Mine has a VGA input(but I don't use it). The PQ does not have the "WOW" factor like the sony, and the viewing angle is no where as good, but for the price I wouldnt hesatate to suggest it. Note I only have the 20" VXL, but I noticed Sears also has the 32" VX32L for $598. Lots of bang for the buck. I also have a smaller Insignia which is a step below the Vizio in PQ and contrast ratio, but for the price $249 for a 19" HD LCD, it sure works nice in the kids room, for TV and there computer.

I cannot suggest Element or Viewsonic. I tried both those brands and returned them due to very poor PQ, contrast ratio. Oh and I also tried a Target brand Trutech, god it was awful. I wouldn't even make the kids suffer through that subpar PQ.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, went with the Toshiba Regza 32HL67. Was on sale for $750, and found a salesman willing to part with one for $600 in exchange for getting their service plan for $100. So far, very impressed.

·
Registered
392 Posts
If you can live with a 26" go to the American TV in Rockford and take a look at the Toshiba Regza 26HL47, $599 on sale this week. My son picked up one for his room a couple weeks ago for that same $ and it's a real nice TV. Here's a link:

http://www.americantv.com/itemDetail...dENkPTUwNjI%3D

Hopefully your Rockford prices will be the same as our Milwaukee area prices.

·
Registered
653 Posts
FYI, was told that if something goes on the DVD player on the 32LV67, the TV doesn't work...don't know if it is true...I bought a 42HL167, so it wasn't an issue, just a question that was asked at CC when I was looking. But it was a snot nosed kid that told me that....don't know if i would really trust him.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeProcopio /forum/post/12976358

FYI, was told that if something goes on the DVD player on the 32LV67, the TV doesn't work...don't know if it is true...I bought a 42HL167, so it wasn't an issue, just a question that was asked at CC when I was looking. But it was a snot nosed kid that told me that....don't know if i would really trust him.

I generally do not like all-in-one devices but this seems like no-brainer since even without the DVD player, it's a good price. As far as display not working if player breaks, think about it, how can that be?

·
Registered
653 Posts
don't know, just passing on what I was told

1 - 9 of 9 Posts