AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm in the market to get a TV for a smaller living room. I already have the Panny 65V10 (Love it!!!!!) in my basement.

I want to keep the price as low as possible but will go higher if I have to. I have found three 50" plasmas at around the $1000 mark. I'm in Canada BTW.

The televisions I'm looking at are:

Samsung PN50C550 - Costco $889

Panasonic TCP50U2 - Future Shop $939

LG PK550 - Future Shop $899

If anyone can let me know their preference or suggest a TV I haven't mentioned.

Should I not get any of those three and pay the extra $200 for the Panasonic TCP50S2? Will I notice a difference between 900 and 1080 lines of moving resolution? Do the LG and Samsung use 1080 lines?

Any comments are appreciated.

Thank You very much.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If I were you I will go for a LG 50PK950 or if you want 3D a LG 50PX950 will be good. It have some excellent reviews. I can't say anything about the Panasonic S2 series because I don't know about that model, but if I'm not mistaken and please correct me if I do, I thin the S2 suffers from rising/floating blacks "quality of the black level will decrease over time" hope this helps.

·
Registered
105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truquitos /forum/post/19629553

If I were you I will go for a LG 50PK950 or if you want 3D a LG 50PX950 will be good. It have some excellent reviews. I can't say anything about the Panasonic S2 series because I don't know about that model, but if I'm not mistaken and please correct me if I do, I thin the S2 suffers from rising/floating blacks "quality of the black level will decrease over time" hope this helps.

All Panasonic 13G suffer from rising blacks it's just more gradual this year

They also have that great feature 'floating blacks'

·
Registered
103 Posts
There's a lot of options out there for a budget plasma.

Just depends how much you want to pay?

Lg pk550 -- 900

PanasonicS2 - 850

Samsung c450 699

If you want to spend a bit more maybe the Panny G25 for about 1050?

All of them are good choices just depends what you want to spend.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truquitos /forum/post/19629553

+1 on the LG 950. It's roughly the same price as everything listed here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.