AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering the NEC VT540, LT150 and LT155. I demoed the 540 and 150, and decided that overall, the 540 is better, due to a brighter image and more features. The 150 produces a good image in the dark, but with any ambient light, I found the colors to be washed out and totally unacceptable. I didn't demo the LT155.

Anyway, I read honcho's mini shootout - http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/008744.html

and apparently he's impressed with the Panasonic PT-L711U, and not so impressed with the LT156, which is basically the LT155 with DVI input. From what I've read, the LT155 is supoposed to be basically a VT540 with MLA(brighter image, less screendoor). Not that I'm that bothered with the VT540's screendoor, but I can definitely see it if I'm looking for it.

So anyway, basically my question is, how does the Panny compared to the VT540? Also, what other comparable projectors from other manufacturers such as Toshiba, Epson, and Mitsubishi are good?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got a great deal on a new Epson 710C and have been very impresed with it. Great color, excelent contrast ratio, and a bright enough image (1000 lumes rated), that viewing is good even at high noon in a room with a fair amount of ambient light. I project on to an 80"x60" DIY screen made from blockout cloth. Just my $0.02 worth, but other than the minishootout I havn't heard much else about Epsons in the forum...

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I haven't heard much about the Epsons either. I'm gonna demo the XP21N and the Pannie and see how they compare later today.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have tested both the LT150 and the LT155.

As far as ambient light, the LT150 does a poor job where the LT155 seems to do the job much nicer without any rainbows.

I guess it would depend on what you want to use it for.

If you want to use it for everyday TV in a lite room, the LT155 would be your choice.

If you plan on being in a dark room and using it mostly for movies, the LT150 is the only way to go.

Just my opinion

Eddy

------------------

-

Marantz SR-19

Marantz DV-7100

Energy Encore II

JVC 32PIP

looking for FP(LT-150)

Digital Cable Box

Aura Bass shakers

Eddy